I hope lockdown is treating you well. I love watching TV programmes like Your Home Made Perfect and Kirstie and Phil’s Love It or List it. We’re definitely in our forever home as it has plenty of space and is in the perfect location (close to my parents and sister etc.) but we haven’t done much to the house since our big move in 9 years ago.
The house was a wreck when we bought it and it took six months to make it liveable – with a very tiny budget. Back then, the flooring we chose was the cheapest laminate we could find and although it looked good then it doesn’t any more. My kids have played lots of games of swimming pool parties with their barbies and dolls over the last few months which has meant that there has been lots of spilt water on the flooring so I do need to think about replacing the downstairs flooring sooner rather than later.
I’ve been doing my research and Luvanto luxury vinyl flooring looks fantastic and is 100% waterproof so would it ideal in my kitchen and hall. I’m hoping to knock through from my kitchen to my living room to make one big open plan space so it have it running through out would make it seem even bigger. It seems so super easy to install and can be walked on straight away – I definitely need it to as having 3 kids and pets in the house, it’s always busy and hectic.
There are so many different colour and style options when it comes to Luvanto but at the min the grey sparkle Luvanto flooring is my favourite. It would look so nice with pale grey walls (or white walls). It’s anti-slip too, perfect for toddlers unsteady on their feet!
Are you looking to arrange a virtual author visit for World Book Day? I am really excited that I will be able to inspire children throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland this year. I also believe what I offer is unique and great value for money.
A bit about me
I am a Sunday Times Best Selling Author of over 20 books for children. Most of my books have been non-fiction – from celebrity biographies on the likes of Lionel Messi, Justin Bieber and Robert Pattinson, to movie and superhero guides. I’ve also written a picture book, inspirational book for young rugby players, scripts and poems.
The aim of my talks is to inspire every child to become a reader, dream big dreams and ignore bullies.
What I offer
For £150 you will receive:
6 video lessons you can use with every class in your school (whether this is in school or remotely). Each class could watch 2 – 3 of the talks/sessions if you wished. You can choose when you would like to show these (e.g. you don’t need to just use them the week of World Book Day)
- How I became an author talk (this will inspire and excite the children)
- ‘The Best World Book Week Ever’ Picture book interactive reading session
- The art of writing a Writing a Picture book session. (How I wrote ‘The Best World Book Week Ever’ and we write a picture book together)
- Pollyanne – the incredible donkey story – A very funny retelling of one of my most popular books. This will probably be the children’s favourite session
- Writing Pollyanne session – As well as talking about visiting the donkey sanctuary and speaking to John who rescued Pollyanne we discuss the importance of research. The children are set a writing challenge that ties in to the book (coming up with their own amazing animal story and designing the cover/writing the blurb.)
- Writing biographies and being a journalist session – This talk is best for older children. They find out the dos and don’ts of interviewing, going to press conferences etc. They learn lots of interesting facts about their favourite celebrities so it can hook in reluctant readers.
- Writing a book as a class session – In this session we plan a ‘Celebrity and Animal A-Z book together. I discuss how best to research facts, how to choose what to include, layout etc.
World Book Day sessions
Access to all of the sessions I will be running live on World Book Day. These will include the above but also live poetry sessions, Q & A sessions etc. I will have a full timetable available so you can pick and choose which you would be interested in.
Live sessions with your school/classes
I am happy to do live or recorded Q&A sessions with your school/classes. This can be a great opportunity for children to ask me any questions. They can also show the work they have produced and I am happy to give feedback (or choose winners if you want). I will also be available to respond to posts on twitter.
This is all included in the £150 price.
If you are interested or would like to find out more, please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org