Virtual author visit for World Book Day 2022
Are you looking to arrange a virtual author visit for World Book Day 2022? I am really excited that I will be able to inspire children throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland this year. I also believe what I offer is unique and great value for money.
My videos/talks are suitable for nursery, EYFS, Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
A bit about me
I am a Sunday Times Best Selling Author of over 20 books for children. Most of my books have been non-fiction – from celebrity biographies on the likes of Lionel Messi, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift and Robert Pattinson, to movie and superhero guides. I’ve also written a picture book, inspirational book for young rugby players, scripts and poems.
The aim of my talks is to inspire every child to become a reader, dream big dreams and consider becoming a writer themselves.
What I offer
For £150 you will receive 10 videos:
1 personalised video for your school, saying how much I am looking forward to working with them and giving them a brief intro to my books.
9 video lessons you can use with every class in your school (whether this is in school or remotely). Each class could watch 2 – 3 of the talks/sessions if you wished. You can choose when you would like to show these (e.g. you don’t need to just use them the week of World Book Day). Please click here to see a full Class Plan which explains which videos should to be shown to each age group and the timetable for the live zoom sessions >
The video lessons include:
- How I became an author talk (this will inspire and excite the children)
- ‘The Best World Book Week Ever’ Picture book interactive reading session
- The art of writing a Writing a Picture book session. (How I wrote ‘The Best World Book Week Ever’ and we write a picture book together)
- Pollyanne – the incredible donkey story – A very funny retelling of one of my most popular books. This will probably be the children’s favourite session
- Writing Pollyanne session – As well as talking about visiting the donkey sanctuary and speaking to John who rescued Pollyanne we discuss the importance of research. The children are set a writing challenge that ties in to the book (coming up with their own amazing animal story and designing the cover/writing the blurb.)
- Writing biographies and being a journalist session – This talk is best for older children. They find out the dos and don’ts of interviewing, going to press conferences etc. They learn lots of interesting facts about their favourite celebrities so it can hook in reluctant readers.
- Writing a book as a class session – In this session we plan a ‘Celebrity and Animal A-Z book together. I discuss how best to research facts, how to choose what to include, layout etc.
World Book Day sessions
Access to all of the sessions I will be running live on World Book Day. These will include the above but also live poetry sessions, Q & A sessions etc. I will have a full timetable available so you can pick and choose which you would be interested in.
Live sessions with your school/classes
I am happy to do live or recorded Q&A sessions with your school/classes. This can be a great opportunity for children to ask me any questions. They can also show the work they have produced and I am happy to give feedback (or choose winners if you want). I will also be available to respond to posts on twitter.
This is all included in the £150 price.
If you are interested or would like to find out more, please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some photos and tweets from my virtual visits for World Book Day 2021: